Thursday, February 25, 2010

Train Of Thought


24x24 Oil/Canvas

Juried into Art Florida, exhibiting April 12-30, Art Serve 1350 Sunrise Blvd. Ft Laud, FL


Again, the downloading has altered the colors here... My goal with this piece was to show the effect of clean and brilliant light coming through the moving train and around the young man. I also wanted the shadowed side of the red train to appear illuminated by the reflected light.

The shadows may have a nod to Wayne Thiebaud, but more than anything, it was his comment I once heard during an interview about paintings having a "glint, glimmer and glow" that spoke to me and has been rolling around inside my head ever since.

2 comments:

Chuck Law said...

Good Title !

Greg Little said...

Yes, it is... wish I could take credit for it, but a classmate from high school suggested it via facebook!