Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Deering Estate Paint Out

Gray Deering
16x8, Oil/Canvas Panel

Deering Estate Cattails
18x18, Oil/Canvas

Under Cover

It was a gray and rainy weekend for the Deering Estate en Plein Air. Fortunately, Saturday was only overcast all day. I was able to do the Cattail painting while searching for color amidst all the muted grayness of the field. On Sunday, we were all seeking shelter and cover to stay dry. I did Gray Deering as my attempt to portray the mood of the estate on such a day.

Deering Estate Cattails was awarded The Judges Recognition, for which I will receive a Pochade Box.... that will come in handy since you can never have too many easels!

3 comments:

Eden Compton Studio said...

Congratulations! One can never have enough pochades . . .

Gina Brown said...

Congratulations, Greg. I love the cattail painting!!!

Greg Little said...

Thanks, Ladies! Yes, I would like my pochade to go, please...