Thursday, April 16, 2009

Plein Air, Wet Paint...

       Going out to paint today, I got a late start without a certain destination in mind. I drove around and wound up at a wooded park close by.  I walked around a bit to see what it had to offer since I had yet to paint there. My late start put me there at almost high Noon, which proved to be right on time to catch this lake illuminated head on in all its questionable glory... this really is the color as it appeared !! The large turtles swimming all around seemed to be enjoying their vivid  environment as much as I did, along with the occasional Blue Heron and jumping fish. I did this 11x14, oil/canvas board and was home by 3:30...

  By the way, the first spot I checked out today, a nature preserve on a canal, didn't appear at its best for painting this late in the morning. However, the Mother Manatee and her Calf swimming leisurely by as I walked out on the dock , stuck their noses up out of the water letting me know that I was there right on time as well ...

2 comments:

Candy Barr said...

Nice overall feeling Greg.. really captured simple beauty of reflection, peacefulness of the spot. Love the variety in your work as well. Figures and landscapes!
Will include a link to your blog~

Greg Little said...

Thanks Candy! The plan is to eventually have a model outdoors to combine the figure with plein air... stay tuned!